Heath Farm “Made in the Cotswolds” Information days
Friday 27th July & Saturday 28th July 1pm – 6pm
In association with the companies, staff and friends of Heath Farm we are holding two
information days. The days are being held to allow people to discover and learn more about
the artisan crafts at the farm, and experience the magnificent biodiversity and skills used
to manage its woodlands.
Heath Farm comprises 70 acres of woodland and meadows, and five luxury self-catering
holiday cottages around an enclosed courtyard, plus in a different area, a cluster of
The units are currently home to a small sawmill and three joinery shops; a video and film
production consultancy company; an award winning music production company; a
specialist industrial coating company, and an award winning bakery.
The woodland at Heath Farm includes a hazel coppice, used by local craftsmen to produce
carved spoons, weaved fencing and for gardening supplies. Hazelnuts and Walnuts are
grown for sale at local farmers markets and in years of plenty oil is made from both nuts.
Local firewood and timber is also produced.
Things to do
- 2pm – tea, coffee and cake supplied by Cotswold Baking will be served in the
courtyard outside Cobnut & Hazelnut cottage.
- 3pm – Martin from David Barbour Joinery will give a demonstration of carving wood
lettering in the joinery.
- 4pm – Prosecco and light refreshments including food made from produce grown on
the farm out by the croquet lawn, which is past the orchard.
- 5pm – owner David Barbour will lead a nature walk and talk around the woodlands.
- Explore Heath Farm and the idyllic holiday cottages nestled in the courtyard garden.
- Meet the baker! Paul from Cotswold Baking supplies his delicious cakes and desserts
to select shops and outlets across the Cotswolds, including his scrumptious cakes.
All are made on-site at Heath Farm, and Paul will be in his kitchen to welcome you to
see where he cooks up his delicious bakes.
- Meet the team at Oxford Planters and find out what makes their furniture and
planters so unique.
- Come and meet leading garden designer Andrew Fisher Tomlin.
- Take a tour of the workshop with our joiners, and see how our craftsmen at work on
some of the current orders in progress.
- Other specialist craftsman will be on the site working in the woods giving
demonstrations on the multiple uses of hazel including coppice work, hurdle making, spoon carving
and other multiple uses of hazel. There will also be a talk on charcoal making.
There will also be a charity raffle which will be drawn on Saturday evening, raising money
for Life Kitchen, a charity bringing back taste to cancer patients. Prizes include garden
furniture paint supplied by Teknos; gifts from Oxford Planters; cakes from Cotswold Baking,
a beer gift box from The Cotswold Brewing Company plus a free two night stay in one of
our holiday cottages.
We’re delighted to show you the diversity of artisan craftsmanship and nature on offer in
our beautiful surroundings.
Further information about our farm community please see our ‘About Us‘ page.
Please email us to request your invite, please bring
confirmation email with you on the day. Sorry no pets.
Heath Farm, welcoming nature and the community for 50 years.
Commercial units becoming available Spring 2019.